Tuesday 19 August 2014

Marcos Rojo on verge of signing for Manchester United.... will the Argentina defender be the most tattooed player ever seen at Old Trafford?

  • The 24-year-old has a whole host of inked designs all over his body
  • Rojo has described it as a 'dream' to play at Manchester United
  • The Sporting Lisbon star has been one of Louis van Gaal's key targets
Marcos Rojo has suggested his move to Manchester United is imminent - so Old Trafford better get ready to welcome perhaps the most tattooed player to wear the red shirt.
Rojo, 24, has been one of Louis van Gaal's key targets this summer and the Argentina defender has described it as a 'dream' to play for United.
The Sporting Lisbon player is tattoo crazy with a whole host of inked designs all over his body.
A couple of them are in English, the most visible being 'Pride' on his right leg and 'Glory' on his left leg. 'For My Family' is also above his chest.
Another is dedicated to former club Estudiantes de la Plata, where he won the Copa Libertadores trophy in 2009. 
In an interview with the radio station Continental in his homeland, quoted in several national newspapers, Rojo said: 'It's a dream to play at Manchester United and I am very proud of having the chance of working with [Louis] van Gaal.
'I spoke with Juan Sebastian Veron about Manchester United when we were at Estudiantes. I have always liked English football, and I should adapt to this new playing style easily.' 
United's move for Rojo has been complicated by a row between Sporting and his a third-party ownership group, while the 24-year-old upset his employers by initially refusing to train in a bid to push through the deal, although he later apologised and returned to work.
'There was a misunderstanding, I never wanted to do something wrong at Sporting as I have always been very thankful to that team that gave me many chances for playing in Europe,' Rojo said.
'If I made a mistake, I have already apologised because I didn't want to hurt the feelings of anyone at the club.'

No comments:

Post a Comment