Thursday 21 August 2014

Edin Dzeko signs new four-year deal with champions Manchester City

  • Edin Dzeko has signed a new deal with champions Manchester City
  • Bosnian international's contract extension runs until 2018
  • Striker said Manchester City is the place 'where I belong'
  • Dzeko has scored 65 goals in 156 appearances for the club 
Edin Dzeko has signed a new four-year deal with Premier League champions Manchester City. 
The Bosnian international took to Twitter having signed the contract and said: 'Happy and proud to renew my contract with Manchester City. I'm there where I belong. Extenstion until 2018.' 
The frontman has scored 65 goals for the club in 156 appearances since signing from Wolfsburg back in 2011
Speaking to Manchester City's official website, Dzeko said: 'I’m really happy here at City, it's a second home to me, so it was an easy decision to stay for the long-term.
'I knew from the beginning when I started here that I wanted to stay for a long time - I can't see any place better than here.
'I'm settled perfectly to life here, I know my teammates, the club, the team, very well and I feel like I can improve even more.
'Over the last three and a half years we’ve made history together but I feel like we are only at the start of something really special.' 
The 28-year-old joins Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany, Smair Nasri, Aleksandar Kolarov and David Silva in signing a new long-term contract at the Etihad.

No comments:

Post a Comment