Mangala
said: ‘I am happy now because I will be able to start a new adventure. I
will be able to train again. It was good to be on holidays, but after a
time I started to find the time quite long.
‘I
went on a run every day and trained in the gym. Holidays are great but
if the time is too long, it is difficult to come back. I think that I
will need a bit of time but I will work hard in order to be 100 per cent
as soon as possible.'
Mangala,
23, became City’s sixth signing of the summer after agreeing a
five-year deal, and manager Manuel Pellegrini is confident that one of
the most highly rated defenders in Europe will prove to be well worth
the money.
‘I’m
delighted to have added a player of Eliaquim’s quality in the squad,’
said Pellegrini, who saw his defence struggle in the 3-0 defeat by
Arsenal in Sunday’s Community Shield.
‘He
is already a fine player but in my opinion he has all the mental,
physical, technical and tactical attributes to become one of Europe’s
very best defenders.'
No comments:
Post a Comment