Tuesday 9 September 2014

Cesc Fabregas reveals he 'will always feel like a Gunner' and it will be a 'special moment' returning to Arsenal with Chelsea

  • Cesc Fabregas has claimed that he will 'always feel like a Gunner' 
  • Spaniard moved to Chelsea from Barcelona for £30m this summer
  • The 27-year-old played for Arsenal for eight seasons from 2003-2011
  • Midfielder says he did not see himself playing for Chelsea five years ago
  • Fabregas also claims he did not see himself playing under Jose Mourinho
  • But Fabregas insists he 'felt valued' by Chelsea so chose to move there
  • He also revealed that he is looking forward to returning to the Emirates 
Cesc Fabregas admits he will always feel like a Gunner - despite a £30million move to Arsenal's London rivals Chelsea this summer.
The Spain playmaker has hit the ground running at Stamford Bridge, laying on four assists for his new team-mates already this season.
And - after leaving boyhood club Barcelona - Fabregas is looking forward to returning to his former north London stomping ground, albeit in the blue of Chelsea. 
'I will always feel a Gunner and I know that I am going to return to [the Emirates Stadium] and I feel that it will be a special moment but I am committed,' Fabregas told El Pais.
'Remember that I played a Champions League final against Barcelona. I swear to you that I would have done anything to win that game even though I’d been Barcelona since I was a kid.
'So you know that when I play against Arsenal I will know who I am playing with, who my teammates are and who I will defend and I know that the Arsenal fans will understand; I have no doubt.'
The midfielder had a number of run-ins with Chelsea during his previous spell in England, and was more surprised than anyone to end up in blue.
He said: 'If you’d told me five years ago that I would play for Chelsea and Mourinho I would not have believed you, but life changes.
'I spoke with my agent and told him to find me a team. Chelsea’s offer arrived and for me it was about returning to London, the place where I did best.
'There was no better exit. I spoke with Mourinho and he told me things that I needed to hear. I felt valued, felt that I was going to be part of something important.'

No comments:

Post a Comment